6.26.2010

Our "SAH" lives...

We've had a fun last week with Dad home. I can't believe that she has been here for almost 3 weeks...and I can't believe that our time with Ryan at home with us is over. I just know that I'm going to cry on Monday morning when he goes to work and not because I don't want to spend time with Emmy, but because I've had so much fun spending time with my best-friend. I really am a lucky little girl.... my fairy tale came true with Ryan and I am so thankful for him.

We were out and about a lot this week!

Tuesday we took Emmy to have her "toes done" at U Paint It! A very fun pottery store in College Station owned by my sweet friend, Penny. Penny should totally be a blogger because she is just fantastic! Always has the perfect witty little ditty to say at any given moment. (I secretly think its because her parents are British and I love British humor... I am also obsessed with thinking that I speak in a very realistic British accent, but then I leap backwards to my stint as Eliza Doolittle in Senior Honors English and am quickly reminded that I do not.)

Okay, back on track... we went to U Paint It...



Ready to stick our feet in some paint...

Dad making sure all my digits are covered

And sweet Hannah who did all the actual hard work! Thank you!!

Emmy did great; not one peep out of her. We were actually in and out of there pretty quickly and I am so excited to get our very fun keepsakes!

Wednesday we kept Radley home from school to watch Toy Story 3... you already know how that ended. I was going to take a picture of all of us in the theater but, well... it wasn't the sweetest moment that I wanted to remember. :)

Thursday we got rained out of our plans to take Radley to a local waterpark, Adamson's Lagoon, so Ryan and I just stayed indoors all day long and loved every minute of the quiet! Once we got Radley from school, he was extra eager to help that night.


Changing diapers

Making sure she has a "nuk" (pacifier) at all times

Friday we took Emmy for her two week check up. She is growing like a weed!!

Length: 20 1/4 inches (apparently 1 1/4 inches growth since birth/she is stretching out!)
Weight: 7lbs 4oz
(I forgot to ask her percentiles, but I'm pretty sure she's as normal as they come!)

She was so funny at the doctor's. Not a peep out of her and while Dr. Henderson was listening to her chest she was just watching him with this little inquisitive look on her face. We also had to take her to get her heel pricked for the NB screen and once again, barely a peep out of her. She made one attempt to cry but then right back to sleep. We were proud of her!

After that, Ryan played golf and I ran some errands and then we ate dinner with The HMMs. We had a great last week as a "SAH" couple and I am so sad to see it end.

Thank you, Ryan... for being the kind of husband that I always dreamed I would have. For changing diapers, doing laundry, cleaning the litterbox, fixing boo boos, making dinner, getting up in the middle of the night to get me water or a blanket. Thank you for being a wonderful Daddy and thank you for loving me and all my crazy ways. We are lucky to have you and I love you so very much!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment