7.31.2010

Summer Lovin'


I just love summer. Absolutely L-O-V-E it! I have so many great memories of days at the pool, slumber parties, movie nights, the neighborhood "bike club" going to the gravel pits... the list goes on and on.

We took two trips to Waco this week (recap post to come later) and as I crossed over Moonlight Drive and saw that the Robinson Public Pool was open, part of me just wanted to make that right turn into the parking lot, buy a season's pass and red snow cone and head back to "our corner" with a towel, a BOP magazine and some baby oil.

Now my pool bag includes baby coppertone, diapers, wipes, change of clothes, pacifiers, and plenty of goldfish for an army of toddlers but I wouldn't want it any other way. Their fun times have become my fun times and I can't wait for what lies ahead.

Last night brought a quick glimpse into the future of pool time for the Kings.

I can just see Radley trying to teach Emmy how to swim...


Kayla trying to keep everyone in line...


All the friends trying to stay out the water the mandatory 10 minutes after eating...


Friends being silly...


And at the end of the day everyone having a smile that just says pure bliss...


And 25 years from now when Radley and Emmy pass by the "open pool" sign... maybe just maybe they'll want to turn into the parking lot, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment