8.08.2010

The 5 W's.... (and an H)

This post was inspired by our first trip to the public library. There is just something about the smell of all those books that I just love... but WHO doesn't? It was Radley's first trip to the library and he loved it!

Of course he immediately found a Thomas book ... WHAT in the world am I going to do with that boy and his love for trains!!


WHEN do we discover our love for books? I have very distinct memories of going to the library when I was little. I had so much fun picking out books and reading them and always insisted on returning them into the slot just so I could smell the library air! I know... you are all probably thinking WHERE in the world does this child come from?

I also remember Mrs. Vite reading books to us in elementary school. I would sit between Craig Schwartinsky and Wayne Blackburn and eat up every bit of their attention. Mrs. Vite was the best story reader... she used great voices and I could have listened to her for hours. I also remember Mrs. Sadler reading us Ramona Quimby books a little at a time... those were the best days!

And then we go through a "I don't like reading phase" and I can't for the life of me figure out WHY we do that. I could get lost in a book for hours and have read some books over and over and over again. I am so ready for Radley to be able to read through chapter books so we can read a little bit every night.

Right now, it's pretty much planes, trains and automobiles! :) (and yes, Radley and Daddy were twinkies... a little boy insisted and HOW could anyone resist that request?!?)


but I wouldn't want it any other way!

This post has been approved by KC

No comments:

Post a Comment