4.23.2011

Dog ears...

I must admit... I have loved every minute of having a baby girl. Probably more than I anticipated...much more. Don't get me wrong, I knew that I was going to be head over heels in LOVE with my child, but I was very apprehensive about having a girl. 

The clothes, the accessories, the shoes, the dolls (still not too pumped about that one... the youngest of 2 older brothers kinda steers me in the direction of GI Joe), etc... 

However, I LOVE IT! All of it! 

I think I am in no way an over-the-top use my child as a doll and put in her in ridiculous outfits with matching everything kind of mom...but, well I try more than I thought I would. ;)

Perhaps my most favorite thing? Emmy's hair. 

From the moment she was born and all I heard was, "Look at that hair!" until now I have loved having a baby with a head full of hair. Especially a girl! 

Exhibit A: Dog ears (or pig tails, whichever suits your fancy).

Seriously. How cute is she?!?!


Clearly these aren't event, but that's kinda what makes them even cuter. 

Emmy liked them so much that she decided to carry her lion around like a dog... 


She wouldn't let it go! 


Gosh, she just makes every part of me so happy. 


Love my sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. This post relieves my apprehension a bit. I have always envisioned myself as a "boy Mom" and I have been so worried about the things you talked about. The clothes, the accessories, the shoes, the dolls. My mother started talking about ruffles and bows galore this weekend and K, I was in a cold sweat. But to know you have gotten into it helps!!!

    ReplyDelete