5.05.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Radley is very aware of his age and very fond of telling us that he is almost "four years old, Mommy". (I won't go into how much that just breaks my heart at this moment).

So yes, he is almost four which means that everything is in "fours".

Four bites of his meal (even if I tell him he only has three bites left).
Four more minutes.
Four toys.
Four books.
etc...

The other day on the ride to school he was talking about his age.

Radley: Mommy, I'm almost four years old.
Me: Yes, buddy... but you are still three.
Radley: Yes, but then I'll be 4 then 5 then 6...
Me: That's right. and just to see what he thought added... How old do you think Mommy is?
Radley: Hmmmm... 19?
Me: Close, buddy.
Radley: I don't know your number, Mommy. What is it?
Me: 32!! (ouch)
Radley: Wow! You grew really fast! Not me or Emmy.
Me: Yes, Mommy grew really fast.
Radley: Only Mommy's and Daddy's and teachers grow fast?
Me: I guess so, buddy.
Radley: And one day you'll be old like Pete and Pops? (Secret celebration that he identified Pete as old with Pops!)
Me: One day.
pause in conversation
Radley: Well, old like Pops and GiGi and MaMaw...
Me: Not Pete?
Radley: No.
(Pete wins again...)

Isn't it funny how quickly we want to grow up when we are young? I feel like it took "forever" for me to get to this point in my life and now it just moves by... each day quicker than the last. I wish I could just push pause and hold on to him and this part of life forever.

Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment