5.12.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

This one is sweet.

At the suggestion of a friend, we have been reading Radley the book, "I'll Love You Forever" at night. The book is about a mom that rocks her "baby" to sleep reciting the phrase:

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be

As the boy grows into a man she continues to do this "if he is really asleep". Time passes and the mom grows weak and sick to which the now man reacts by holding his mom and rocking her reciting:

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My mommy you'll be

Radley has the book practically memorized by now (his favorite part is when the mom tells the 2 year old "you're driving me crazy"... apparently I say that a lot). Last night he asked me why the mommy got sick. I just told him sometimes when we grow up and get older, we just weak and tired and get sick. Sometimes Mommies have to be taken care of, too.

Radley: Like Lola?
Me: Yes. Like Lola.
Radley: Lola is Daddy's Mommy?
Me: Yes.
Radley: She sick and Daddy take care of her?
Me: Yes, buddy.
Radley: Oh.

How lucky we are to be given this sweet, perceptive, caring little boy. How I love the privilege of calling him mine.

1 comment:

  1. Ugg this is one of Max's favorite books and I have YET to make it all the way through without crying! :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete