9.12.2011

Splish splash...

Turning FOUR is such a blast!!


We celebrated Radley and Kayla's birthday {again} on Saturday at a local pool and had so much fun! 

One of the perks of the September birthday in Texas is that it is still warm enough to have a swimming party, but hopefully cooled down enough to be tolerable. We lucked out this year since it dropped about 10 degrees in the past week! 

And everyone was excited to go swimming...


Especially these two...



I don't know if either of them really gets that they don't actually share a birthday. I mean, they are smart kids, so I guess they realize it, but I think both would prefer if they could do everything the same. 

I will say that a pool party was definitely the way to go! You see those balloons in the background and that cute sign the kids are standing under... that was the extent of the decorations. ALL of them. That's it!  I know, crazy, right?!?!? I'm sure that we could have done more...but we didn't and you know what, EVERYONE survived!! Especially these two ladies... 



We stuck to our guns and didn't go "overboard"! Gold stars for us!

Instead we got to focus on what was important, like taking pics of our FOUR year olds SWIMMING! :)


Another secret to the pool party... DAD DUTY! For the most part, Dads were in the water while all the Moms were socializing, talking, taking pictures of our cute families. 

And how cute is this family? I love how Emmy is always more interested in Radley than the camera .... well, maybe I wish she would look at me THEN at him ... but it's still pretty cute. 


This pool is great because it has a beach entry, so even Cooper man could play. And if he wasn't such a roly poly guy, Jenni could have sat down and enjoyed the water, too! ;)



The weather was almost (dare I say) too cool.... 


Rad had to get out and warm up a bit... 


And then Kayla.... 


And then everyone else. BUT, I did remember to bring some chalk, so the party continued! ;)


And, well it was almost time for cupcakes and presents! Look at these cute FOUR year olds!



"I am Radley. I blow out candles. I am four!!!"


The one thing that we (and by we, I mean, Krista) went all out on was the cupcakes. I would have hands down just purchased some because baking is not my thing...but Krista is an excellent baker and insists on making them herself. I insist on tasting the icing.  

And I'm glad that she enjoys it because everyone loved them... 


Radley and Kayla got "king-sized" cupcakes... 


Karli-bug


Kayla...



Cade... 



and Annaliese... 



All of the kiddos...

Jackson, Davis, Caroline, Annaliese, Jillian, Tristan, Kayla, Emersyn, Radley, Piper, Karli, Cooper and Carlos. 


And KK and Mr. Ryan drove all the way from Dallas! Someone was pretty happy!


Can't believe We 4 Kings have a FOUR year old! What a fun week celebrating him and all that he brings to our lives! 


No comments:

Post a Comment