11.28.2011

Thankful...

 I know this is a late post, but, still important.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday after all, and this year was no exception to it's greatness! We were joined by my parents, MaMaw, brother, The Hot Mess Munsons, the Houston Munsons, and the Baileys - all some of our favorite people in the world. 

And of course, our two cute turkeys always make day special!



We had lunch right at noon since the Aggie game was that evening (I'm over it, really) which meant that we prepped everything the night before. My sweet Mom and husband stayed up in to the wee hours of the night to get ready which included setting the table...


This year, in honor of Ryan's mom we used her china. She would have never hosted a dinner for anyone using paper plates (which is one of the things I appreciated most about her) and she would have loved our table on Thursday. 



Now, the kids did paper, but they also got some cute Turkeys made out of pine cones (thanks, Miss Gail...they LOVED them)!


And thanks to Pinterest, our mantle was pretty awesome, too!


And thanks to wonderful cooking...we all ate extremely well! Seriously, everything was delicious!

Especially these two-toned twice baked potatoes...

Oh, yeah... and the desserts! :)


We all went around the table and shared what we were thankful for. Some of the highlights...

Kayla (4): horses
Caroline (3): Movies - specifically Star Wars
Radley (4): his teachers
Grown ups (all ages): family, friends, love, each other, PhDs, children


I think GiGi was thankful to hold a sweet baby that just wants/needs to be held. Isn't Millicent adorable?


And these little ones are pretty darn cute, too...


I mean... I could just gobble them up!


It was the PERFECT holiday. A blessing to have family as friends and friends as family. And I mean that - I am FRIENDS with my family and my friends are my FAMILY. 

A girl couldn't really ask for more!







No comments:

Post a Comment