11.21.2011

You better watch out...


Let me start by saying that I am TRUE believer in Thanksgiving. It is in fact my favorite holiday simply because you get to cook, watch THE parade, eat, sleep, eat, and then eat. And well, this year I get the added bonus of stretchy pants! Not to mention you are doing all of these wonderful things surrounded by your nearest and dearest with no added pressure of gifts. And, well, my mom makes the best corn bread dressing IN THE WORLD. 

So, since I am such a firm believer in the celebration we usually steer clear from decorating/starting Christmas celebrations until post Turkey. 

However.

The City of Bryan hosted their tree lighting ceremony on Friday and we just had to go. It was a great small town evening. 


Two little ones I know were pretty excited for who was going to be there...



 And what an entrance he made...


 They were really excited to see him although Radley did inform me, "That's not the real Santa, Mommy. That's just a helper." 

He just makes me laugh.


Emmy even got a quick pat from the big man himself.


Next was a carriage ride around downtown "just like in New York" according to Radley.


 Kayla was very excited to be pulled by Twist, the horse.
 

It was so fun to look at all the fun shop windows lit up with decorations and trees. The outdoor theater was screening  It's a Wonderful Life, carolers were strolling through the streets, and people were just everywhere sharing in the Christmas spirit.  
  


And this may be my new favorite picture of them!




No comments:

Post a Comment