12.22.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Radley absolutely loves Christmas lights. We go on a tour of our neighborhood once or twice a week and his excitement has stayed consistently strong. He has his favorites like the house that has transformed their garage into Santa's Workshop and the house that has programmed their lights to sound and music (which is my favorite, too).

Local businesses have also gotten into the spirit of the holidays and placed lights around their store fronts. One in particular that Radley noticed last week is actually lit all year.

Radley: I LOVE those beautiful green lights, Mommy.
Katy: looks up to see what he is talking about - notices the green lights on "the Tap", a bar my friends and I used to frequent visited maybe once or twice in college. I love those beautiful green lights, too, buddy.
Radley: Can we go to that store?
Katy: Well, not now, buddy. It's for big kids.
Radley: I'm a big kid.
Katy: Well, it's for big kids like at Mommy's work. You know, the Aggies.
Radley: Well, I'm an Aggie.
Katy: Yes you are, but it's for older Aggies.
Radley: Oh. Have you ever been there?
Katy: Yes, a few times.
Radley: What do you do there?
Katy: Just eat and talk with my friends.
Radley: Oh. Like Chick Fil A?
Katy: Yes, kinda like Chick Fil A.
Radley: Oh. Then I can't wait to go there.
Katy: I can't wait to go back there, either, buddy.
Radley: I do love their lights.
Katy: Me, too. Me, too.

May your holidays be filled with the REAL Christmas spirit (and not just the kind that comes out of a tap).

4 comments:

  1. I can totally see you and Radley hanging out at the Tap some day--having quality mom/son time while you tell him about this very conversation...and maybe a little bit more about your few trips there in college. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! He's getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love this...so MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete