2.27.2012

Big Girl Details...

Remember what Emmy's room used to look like?


Well, let me take you on a tour of her new space! 


We thought very hard about putting her in a big girl bed so young. Radley stayed in his crib until he was almost three and we were hoping to do the same with Emersyn but also knew we didn't want to purchase new nursery furniture for MAK. Luckily, the Munsons just transitioned Anna into her big girl bed, so they let us borrow their crib! 


I just love this crib and the way it looks up against the green wall. 


A close up of her sweet new pillows that she is obsessed with
(and a side view of Abby the dog - her obsession since NYC).



Her new big girl bed/spot for GiGi to sleep/Radley to nap/stories to be told/changing table. This was my bed from the time I was a little girl until my senior year in college. The wicker bin belonged to my grandmother - her room is the perfect combination of loved on items from our lives. 



We kept the same pictures above the bed - I love what they say was much today as the day we bought them. 


A newly matching swag for the window...



And Ryan's grandma's hat boxes below. 


And what we have all been waiting for... the FINISHED piece of painted furniture. This was also Ryan's grandmother's and ever since I have known them I have LOVED it. I knew that one day it would be his and I wanted it so badly for our little girl.  

It is just perfect!


Didn't he do a fantastic job at distressing it? 



Way to go, babe! It is my favorite favorite piece in the house at the moment!




And we found this side table at an antique store that he painted to match. 
$30 (thanks GiGi) and some paint we had in the garage paired with some wood stain =
combined total cost of furniture in her entire room of $38. 


We converted her bow holders into just regular "letters" and organized the chaos a bit more into her drawers. I just need one small(ish) container for the middle. 



And a look at the entire room... 



I LOVE IT! I just smile when I walk in her room and hope that she does too....for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment