2.02.2012

Prayers and gratitude...

Today I am filled with endless prayers for sweet friends and running over with gratitude for the small wonderous miracles that I take for granted each and every day.

EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I take things for granted. And while this is human nature and not for lacking of wanting to be thankful, I should be better at saying "Thank you" out loud. In front of my kids, my husband, my parents, my friends, etc.

So what prompted me to go into this long-winded rant of thanks? This...


This sweet boy is Cason Howey. He is the baby boy of one of my pledge sisters, Kim. He is less than one month old and has endured open heart surgery, pneumonia, intubation, infections, and other medical ailments that most of us won't sustain in a lifetime. Cason was born with HLHS which is a heart condition. Luckily, his doctors knew this before he was born - which is a miracle in itself. Because of this early detection, Kim and her family could "prepare" for the road ahead.

And while Cason has endured more than we can imagine, he has also probably caused more people to pray and call on God than most of us in a lifetime - and that is a miracle, too. Bringing people to be stronger in faith, no matter the cause, is always a victory. So today, friends, I ask that you pray for Cason. For his momma and daddy and big brother, Coyt. For his doctors. For his strength and courage.

Each life no matter how big or small is a miracle. A divine plan written by One than knows more than we can even try to imagine. I sit here feeling MAK move and squirm and I am grateful for this miracle. I am hopeful that MAK is healthy and perfectly put together, but I am also very aware that this is not always the case.

Kim - you have prayer warriors on your side. People you have and haven't met pulling for you and for Cason. We lift you all up to Him and place you in His tender care.

In the flame, sweet friend.

1 comment: