2.15.2012

Spreading the LOVE...

Ryan and I have never been big Valentine's Day celebrators. Not sure why, but is one of the only Hallmark holidays that I don't buy into it. I think it's all the build up and pressure that can lead to disappointment when someone doesn't follow through (and not anyone specifically, just in general). 

Besides, shouldn't we celebrate LOVE every day?
Yes. 


All that being said I'm not a total cupid hater... in fact Ryan and I made plans for a date on Monday night to go to the movies. But then the more I thought about it, why would I want to spend two hours with my Valentine crying over someone else's love story when I could add to my own? Instead, we opted for an impromptu dinner at our favorite place.

Much better plan! We walked up with no reservation (which was kinda fun acting like Christopher's was just the place we decided to go on a Monday and I guess it kinda was) and maybe a little more underdressed than I liked, but who cares. We had a great dinner and wonderful conversation and I even surprised him with a little gift. (See, not a hater). 


We loved watching all the "first timers" and nervous couples on first dates trying to beat the next night's Valentine's crowd. Made us think of our first date there over 10 years ago! It was a perfect way to spend a "Monday". 


And yesterday we got to spread the love of our two cute Valentines. 



I sorta forgot to take pics in the morning - I almost forgot to put them in themed clothing, but Radley was so excited about his Valentine's party that I couldn't help but remember! They are still pretty lovable even after school, Chick Fil A and gymnastics, don't ya think?



He wasn't really into taking pictures because he was ready to dig into his loot from his friends. He remembered which treat each friend gave him without even looking at the card. That's pretty amazing!


I hope you all had a fun day spreading the love with your Valentine's, too! 

(I hope Radley didn't spread his love too much - we stayed home today trying to recuperate from an attack of a midnight stomach bug! :/)

No comments:

Post a Comment