3.26.2012

Caring for Cason...

I've posted a few times about how glad I am that I joined a sorority. Besides giving me access to test files, a stocked social calendar, study buddies, wardrobe upgrades, fun trips and endless memories... I am also equipped with life long friends and wonderful sisters. 

No matter the distance or length of time that we have gone from seeing each other, I know that any of my fellow Delta Zeta's would do just about anything for me. Especially my pledge sisters. 

About a month ago I posted about Cason.

In the weeks that have followed Cason is now HOME (such a praise). He is constantly being checked on by doctors but doing well. Cason is a lucky little fellow to have the mommy that he does. Not only is Kim a nurse (see how that plan worked out - God knew what He was doing), she is also one of the most strong willed, determined, and capable women I have known. She may be tiny - but they do say that dynamite comes in small packages. 

I can think of no better way to describe Kim than as combustible. She is passionate and fierce and I know is the perfect Mommy for Coyt and Cason. Not only is she taking care of her two tiny men and husband, but in the midst of all this, they moved homes and she is still working. 

Kim - you are an inspiration! 

I got an incredible response to my last blog post about Cason and I wanted to share something that a fellow DZ has done for their family. As you can imagine, the medical costs for a condition such as Cason's are pretty high (Kim posted a pic of their bill on FB and so far it is over $2 MILLION...yes, you read that right). A benefit account has been set up for Cason Howey through Well's Fargo - the Cason Howey Benefit Fund. Anyone can go to ANY Wells Fargo and make a deposit. If you are interested, willing and able, please leave a comment with your email address and I will send you the account number directly. 

Thank you so much for any and all support. I know the Howey's appreciate it as well as any prayers that you offer up on behalf of their family. 

1 comment: