3.11.2012

We 4 Kings...

Yep. It's still us four... and ya know what? As ANXIOUS as I am to meet MAK I am very grateful for the quiet, slow weekend we have had as a family of four. 


Friday night we stayed in with GiGi and enjoyed our lenten friendly "brinner" of biscuits, eggs, Ryan's famous grits and yogurt. Then we all snuggled on the couch to visit with Pete and Bok and watch a movie. 


Yesterday morning we started out slow - enjoying the comfort of a warm house while the cold rain drizzles away outside. Drop by drop reminding me to be grateful for it now because when its 100+ outside and all my plants are dying I will be wondering what happened to all that rain. 


Ryan had to work for a bit yesterday so I got the kids dressed and we headed to the library in Bryan. BUT, fun surprise, Ryan was done super quick and met us there. 


She could have easily taken every.single.book. down and brought it to that table. Her interest in books finally appeared and now we can't read fast enough. Funny how her vocabulary
 has also tripled, too. :)


Wouldn't she make a darling librarian?


Radley has always had a great attention span and he LOVES being read to. I think I may try to get some chapter books to start reading to him at night so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.


This was a page turner. ;)


He got to pick three books to bring home to read this week. 


My sweet girl is always up for a snack.


One more book before we leave...


We checked out and then grabbed some lunch downtown. Both kids were out cold within 5 minutes of the car ride and Ryan and I got to grab a few minutes "just us 2" before I headed out for some Target therapy. :)

Last night we enjoyed the pleasure of the company of the Munson's for dinner so our house was filled with giggles, laughter, screams, and some adult conversation thrown in. 

Today we slept in (dang daylight savings) and once again have enjoyed the ease of a rainy day. As I type this the kids are once again napping, Ryan is playing "daddy" by installing carseats, and I'm listening to the last load of laundry being washed (for the day). I can feel happy tears sting the back of my eyes as I think about what is to come. One more baby to fill our lives. One more person to love. One more addition to make our kingdom complete. Our hearts are as full as our home for sure and I am eternally grateful for the blessings that He has bestowed all in His time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment