4.15.2012

Perfect...

Perfect. Just perfect. This weekend was really quite simply perfect

We kicked it off on Friday night laying in the driveway with the big kids using the iPad to track the constellations and find planets. Radley was in heaven and Emersyn just laid her head on the pillow and pointed up saying stars. I have a feeling this will become more of a traditional event with Radley's fascination with the planets. 

My parents and MaMaw came in for the day on Saturday to spend time with the kids and Ryan and I were eager to start making our yard come back to life. The weather could not have been better for a day of mowing, planting, cleaning and fixing up everything.


And look who made a special guest appearance...


Our sweet neighbor, Jerry, found him while he was mowing his own yard and the kids were ecstatic. Y'all this may have been the most precious bunny I have ever seen. I almost begged Ryan if we could keep it but I quickly came to my senses. 


The kids were busy playing outside all day and had lot of people meeting their every command need. 


Pops introduced Emmy to the big swing and she liked it a lot. 


Ryan and I had a major clean up project to do moving dirt so its a good thing we had such a great helper.



But he got in some playtime, too.


And that bunny that Jerry found? Well, he must have been the Easter Bunny because look what appeared in our front yard...


Radley could not have been more overjoyed. And GiGi was pretty happy, too.


Sunday was much of the same. We made a trip back to Lowe's and the kids each got to pick out a flower to plant. By the end of the day our front flower bed looked incredible. 

I just love watching everything come to life each spring. Every year I vow to make sure I do a better job of keeping everything alive - maybe this year I will keep it!


The weekend ended with a major milestone...

Landry had her first bottle and inhaled it. 


Radley loved being able to help, too. 



Emmy was more interested in just giving her kisses.


I have a feeling that this is going to be a great season of life for the Kings. It may not always be perfect, and it doesn't need to be... what matters is that it is perfectly written for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment