4.24.2012

Sunday Funday...

Sunday was a storybook ending for a storybook weekend. The Kings and the HMMs met back up on campus for Kyle Field Day. 

We were all very excited. Well, maybe not all of us...


KFD is the major even that the student organization I advise hosts each year. It is open to anyone to attend and offers various activities for people to participate in that give back to local community agencies. They also have free food, games, prizes and well...tons of fun!





And did I mention that it's on Kyle Field? :)




It could not have been a more beautiful day for this! The big kids had so much fun running around - especially Radley. He LOVES "the big guys" - also known as the college students I work with each day.


I love how "easy" this is for Cindy and me now. When it was just Radley and Caroline we had to "time" our day. We had to arrive at a certain time, leave at a certain time, etc... all to fit with their schedules. Now, we are much more go-with-the-flow and somehow the kids all survive. 

::Insert snarky "I told you so" comment from a few of my nearest and dearest::


I love how much focus Radley has. He can sit and do an activity for as long as it takes to complete. He wanted to paint a flower on this pot that was being used at Camp For All. He painted each little petal with as much care and precision as you can imagine. 


This one on the other hand slapped some paint on there and went straight for the reward of the popsicle. 
:)


Josh and Anna painted a yellow flower, too. 
(I think Caro was more on the same wave length as Emmy with the popsicle)


Next it was off to the trashcans that were being given to local elementary schools for recycle bins.


Emmy took a break from all that service to work on her tan. 
I am so jealous of her complexion. 
:)



She also took the time to check on her baby sister. 


And Radley was getting lessons on how to kick a field goal...which is just about the only position I see him playing in football. 


Then it was time for some live music by the one and only Charlie Gore, one of my former students and soon-to-be-famous singer/songwriter. Remember that name, people. He's going to be big! 


Thanks for such a fun day, MSC FISH! 
The Kings look forward to many more years of Kyle Field Day fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment