4.26.2012

Tiny Tales Thursday...

I'm a lucky girl.

My husband changes diapers, takes the kids to school, puts Emmy's hair in a pony tail and wakes up in the middle of the night every time I do. He cooks dinner, cleans the bathroom, and doesn't get angry about my online shopping habit. He helps and even when he's not doing something exactly how I would - he's at least trying. (He's also pretty easy on the eyes). :)

However, he could work on the listening. I can tell him a million times to make sure to rinse a pot that we just boiled pasta in before letting it sit. Or ask him to grab something out of the top of the closet before he leaves only to be climbing up a shelf 30 minutes later once I realize what I need is still where I last found it.

We have a long running "Katy is smart/knows everything/is never wrong" debate. Fortunately I am right, so I'm winning. :)

Well, last weekend we had a ridiculous amount of bananas that needed to be turned into bread last weekend before they were thrown in the pit of no return/compost. Ryan volunteered to make 3 batches. I quietly watched him as he got down too many pots, pans, bowls, measuring cups, etc. I mean, he was doing it, so he could do it how he liked.

I may have thrown my 2 cents in every now and then but for the most part he was on his own.

He finished preparation and was off to baking when I realized he had put all 3 loaves in the same oven. At different times. I tried to explain that this would affect how each would bake and he simply replied with "just turn the heat up".

Two of them finished and he was placing the on a cooling rack. He was maybe doing this the hard way but I just watched and let him continue with what he was doing. Once he realized that he should have thought a little bit more rather than proceeding he mumbled, I quipped back and Radley was taking it all in.

All of a sudden he pipes up:

"Mommy must have gone to smart school when she was little. Daddy did not."

Gosh. I love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment