5.28.2012

Day trippin'...

We had a fantastic 3 day weekend starting with a day trip to Galveston with the HMMs and Porters on Saturday. It's only about a 2.5 hour drive and completely worth the 6:30am leave time when I woke Radley up with the fun news! I have never seen a boy get dressed so fast! :)

(I'm kinda sad I didn't take a picture of our car...you would have thought we were traveling for a week!)

We were a crazy crew... 6 adults and 9 kids ages 4 and under! Three of those are under 1, so we had our hands full...but it could not have been a more perfect day! The kids had so much fun and played so well together. We all gorged on "beach food" (ie. chips, sandwiches, and a few bites of fruit) and just let the day go by. 

If you've never been blessed to visit the sandy beaches of the Texas gulf, let me show you what you're missing... 


Yep. That's seaweed. About 3.678 tons of it! I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't clear this out for the holiday weekend, but oh well! We had tons of fun anyway! 
(the beaches aren't always like this)

He was so ready to build sandcastles, surf, look for seashells, eat junk food and just be a kid! I love that whenever I take a picture of Radley outside his right eye is always closed. ALWAYS. 


The seaweed brought all sorts of sea creatures to the shore. Josh found this tiny crab (how he spotted it I have no idea) and the kids were picking up shrimp and throwing them back in the water. The fish were everywhere, too, getting some tasty snacks close to the shore. 


Emersyn couldn't make up her mind on what she wanted to do. One second she was at your feet begging, "hold you, hold you" and the other she was running all around giggling away. She LOVED the ways and kept asking me to take her farther out. But all that seaweed was creeping me out so we stayed pretty close to shore. 

(I apologize for the large man in the background of this pic...Sarah hit me up with a little photoshop ;))


Annaliese and Emmy are "partners" so they stick pretty close to each other. Anna is good at telling Emmy what to do and Emmy is good at not listening to her (or anyone else). I love that this is the face Anna gives when you tell her to smile! 


This was our set up. Not to shabby of a day. We tried to barricade the little ones in so the big kids couldn't attack get them sandy. It worked. Kinda. 


Emmy has been clinging close to Momma lately. I secretly like it. 
;)


Right eye. ALWAYs. closed. 


Landry loved the sweet breeze and sounds of the ocean. She is just so easy and goes along with all our crazy plans. I didn't realize the sand/wind were so bad and she ended up with a slight red face from wind burn...but she was still all smiles at the end of the day. 


My hot husband. 


The kids had fun trying to throw the seaweed back into the ocean. 


But I don't think it was going to help.


This is our crew...



Azalee (2), Ella (4), Isabelle (10 months), Millicent (7 months), Caroline (4), Annaliese (2), Radley (4), Emmy (1), and Landry (2 months).

Whew. 

And of course, the King crew! 


It was seriously a great day. I would make that drive each weekend if I knew they all would be that wonderful. Just all smiles until about 3 miles into the drive home when it was all snores. 


Hope y'all had a great weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment