5.08.2012

I did it...


If you're thinking, "is what you did eat ALL that ice cream?"...


The answer is YES. Absolutely. And THEN some. 

But the reason I ate ALL that ice cream?

I survived. 

Five days.

Without Ryan. 


Now, to all my warrior SAHM friends that probably seems like nothing. 

But, there is a reason I go to work (most days). It's not because I don't love my children with all my heart and soul - its because I am a much better mommy when I get to use my gifts and talents at work. And while that sounds crazy to some, it works for me and my family. 

So, when Ryan told me SIX days before departure that he would be going to Houston for a week long training, I told him over my dead body was little nervous but knew I could do it. 

And I am being overly dramatic because the big kids go to school every day - but I HATE being home alone...HATE it. Like, sleep with all the lights on and stay awake as long as possible hate it. Which is kinda tricky since sleep is already a little overrated when you have a 6 week old. 

But - we survived. We did take a short trip to Waco on Tuesday evening and returned Thursday afternoon so 2 of those nights were at GiGi's house, but that just gave me hours in the car alone with 3 kids. :)

So what did I manage to do?
Oil change
Laundry
Freezer clean out
Hosed down garage
Baby book update
DVR catch up
Book reading
Closet cleaning


So yes. 

I ate all of that ice cream on Thursday night in celebration of the return of Daddy. 

Ryan - I learned that I can do it all alone. That I can drop off, pick up and tuck in the kids. I can clean out a garage. I can get the oiled change. I can even put gas in my own my car. 

But I also learned that I don't WANT to. I love having you by my side every single step of the crazy, chaotic way. So - let's keep those business trips short, ok? 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment