5.25.2012

Sisters...

I don't have sisters. I have two wonderful big brothers and lots of incredible, amazing, beautiful girlfriends that are as close to being my sisters as I can imagine. I don't feel like I missed out growing up with out a sister by my side and was just fine thinking about Emmy being the only girl before we knew MAKs gender. 



And then Miss Landry arrived. 

And then all said girlfriends that DO have sisters were ecstatic that Emmy would in fact have a sister. I tried to explain that I grew up without "real" sisters just fine and that I had said girlfriends to lean on, laugh with, fight with, cry with, etc... and they replied with "it's not the same".
(I keep trying not to be offended by that statement ;)) 

But I must admit, I LOVE watching them together. Landry for the most part has the same "please don't let her drop me" look as seen below, but Emmy just lights up when she is holding her. She can't give her enough kisses and she is the first to check on her when she's crying.

Makes me think about years from now when they will hold each other up through successes and failures, kiss away the hurt that some boy causes, and just sit there and let the other cry if and when they need it. 



So, maybe having a sister would have been nice. 

But, well, having a brother isn't so bad either....


No comments:

Post a Comment