6.25.2012

Do the Freddy...


Is anyone else thinking of the scene from Troop Beverly Hills where the girls are volunteering at a retirement community and Shelly Long is trying to "do the Freddy" while pushing a wheel chair?

Anyone? Anyone? No? 

Too bad.

Ok. Back to the story. 

Actually a back story is needed first.


Way back in the summer of 2000, my DZ little sis (Carolyn) and I thought it would be awesome to take a road trip. 

To New York City.


Our parents were crazy enough to let us, so we took off for the first leg of our trip before catching a Greyhound in Nashville, TN. (this is clearly a whole different post - but if you want to hear about it, let me know bc it is one of my all time favorite things to talk about).

Ok. So we were driving to Nashville when all of a sudden Carolyn starts screaming as if I am about to run off the road. I was not. However, that is exactly what she wanted me to do because she saw the sign for a "Steak N Shake". I had never had the pleasure of visiting a SNS - or really ever even heard of it, but she insisted that I exit immediately, circle back around and we eat. Immediately

And you know what?
It was sooo worth it.


Fast forward 12 years and BCS has welcomed a "SNS" competitor to town....



We made the "trek" to Bryan on Friday night to try it out.




And you know what?
It was super yummy!!!



The fries are super skinny and they do not hold back on their serving size. 
(Note to all my fellow BCSers that want to try - there are plenty on your plate to share with the kiddos so just order the kids main item and don't pay extra for the "basket")



The pattys are thin but juicy. They were the perfect size - I could finish the meal but wasn't feeling overly stuffed afterwards.



And the kids LOVED it.


Especially when they found out that we were getting custard after. I even taught Emmy the art of dipping her fries into the ice cream.
;)



And like my daughter...she made sure that every.last.drop. was gone. 




We are **trying** to only eat out on Friday nights. It's a great way to celebrate the week and keep us motivated to eating more sensibly and not spending money on the unnecessary. I imagine that Freddy's will stay on our Friday night rotation. Who knows - maybe we will start a "Friday's at Freddy's" tradition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment