6.11.2012

"tutu" Much Party Prep...

Pretty much since Emmy turned 2 days old, I thought about having a "tutu" party to celebrate the milestone of turning "2"! (Really, are you surprised?) We had such a fun time prepping for Emmy's party and everything turned out as cute as I had hoped! 

We just had a small party with our family and their kiddos (plus 2 sweet big boys that Radley got to invite since he is surrounded by girls) so the theme was "tutus and ties" and the colors were yellow, pink and aqua and I loved it!! LOVE. 

This year I went for some store bought desserts from a local cake shop and the cake balls were a huge hit. 
Isn't the cake table adorable?



And the cake throne for Miss Emmy... 



Since the party was at 3 we just had fruit, chicken salad/crackers, and the cake. A few years ago Cindy brought some watermelon to a 4th of July party cut out in stars and I loved it. Such an easy way to add a fun detail. We used a crown cookie cutter and then placed them upside down on the plate to make them look like tutus. My brother even notice. ;)

I lucked up the night before the party at Hobby Lobby and found this awesome collage frame 50% off that matched everything perfectly. It was a fun way to display some of our favorite Emmy moments this year. 



I set this table up as people walked into the house. 

These hat boxes were Ryan's grandmother's and we used them in Emmy's 1 year pics. I put a pic of her at 1 year, 18 months and 2 years on the table. And the "E" normally hangs in her room.


I started a little birthday tradition with Radley to make a "birthday book" for guests to sign at the party. It's filled with some of our favorite moments of that child for the year and a fun keepsake for them to have when they get older. 


My sweet lifelong friend made this bunting for the gift station. 

And all the party guests got to select their own tutu and tie to wear. The girls could have added color to their white tutus if they wanted, but I think they were to ready to party to sit and do a craft. :)


Big props to Ryan for making the ties. I cut them out, but me and the iron aren't so much friends so he ironed them together and I added the elastic after. And big props to GiGi, MaMaw and my friend, Stephanie for making tutus with me!

The "stand" is salvaged pieces of our old fence. When we were having our new fence installed I knew that I would need a place to display/hang the tutus and ties for the party so I asked the fence peeps to save me seven pickets. Now I wish I would have had them save some more. I see a fun photo shoot with a fence background in our future!


 And all of this set up was well worth the time when Emmy ran in the room and exclaimed, "Cewwwte! Emmy party! Emmy birtday!" 

Just love this girl "tutu" much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment