7.12.2012

Tiny Tales Thursday...

I feel like all of Emmy's tales are starting to sound the same, but well, she's two and has a somewhat limited vocabulary. I've discussed before that two of her favorite things to say are "no" (complete with a finger point/stare down of the opponent she is referring to) and "thank you" (complete with sickeningly sweet smile).

She has recently learned she can combine the two and has come up with a shoulder shrug/glance over the shoulder as if to say "clearly I have better things to do with my time than whatever it is you are requesting of me".

Let's just go through yesterday...

Me: Good Morning! It's time to get dressed.
Emmy: No, thank you.

Me: Emmy, you need to eat your breakfast.
Emmy: No, thank you.

Me: Emmy, come here so I can wipe your nose.
Emmy: No, thank you.

Me: Emmy, you NEED to go potty (because it's been all of 45 minutes and you are running around a 100 million dollar building with panties on).
Emmy: No, thank you.

Me: Emmy, will you give me a kiss goodnight?
Emmy: No, thank you.

I'll remember that, like when you ask for an increase in your allowance. My reply: "No, thank you." or when you ask to stay out past curfew, "No, thank you." or when you want to go on a date..."no, thank you." Or get something pierced, Or...


;)


1 comment: