7.02.2012

Weekend review...

My weekend started on Friday (I get every other Friday off in the summer) which meant I got to spend that day lovin' on Landry!!! 


She is really starting to interact more and likes sitting up in her bumbo (and she's a little vain bc she likes looking at herself!) 


Seriously.Stop.Growing.



We had a fun-filled day of errand running, lunch with Cindy and Bonnie and we both had a long afternoon nap! Then it was time to get Radley and Emmy and meet Daddy for our Friday night dinner date. 


Dinner of choice was Blue Baker. It is a local favorite started by former New Yorkers that recently expanded to Austin. Anything on the menu is delicious and our kids LOVE it. 

I'm liking these Friday nights out. Ryan and I don't have to worry about cleaning anything up, the kids are excited about eating out and we get to people watch. We especially loved this booth of Aggie girls that all three had their lap tops and iPhones in use throughout dinner. 

Now, to their credit, Blue Baker does offer free wifi and is a good "study" place for students, but it amazes me how connected this generation always is. Makes me sad that no one seems to have real conversations anymore - I must be getting old. 



After dinner we let the kids run around the big fountain in the plaza for a bit. 
Why are they so cute?



After an early lunch on Saturday we loaded up the car and headed to the pool. Landry even "jumped in" for a bit before settling in for a nap. 


Radley quickly found his "fins" again...


And showed us his swimming skills!


Mr. Collin would be so proud!!!


Emmy is starting to LOVE the water, too! I should do a better job of remembering to sign them up for swim lessons. Anyone in the area want to spend some quality time teaching my kids how to swim? They are cute and we will pay!! 


This morning I took the big kids to church and let Ryan and Landry sleep late (both slept until 10am). They must have needed their rest...Radley and Emmy maybe should have stayed home, too because this morning was a bit rough for them. They were so good at church (Emmy even kneeled to pray and I almost took my phone out to snap a pic, but well, it was church) and then the devil must have gotten 'em... naps were everyone's saving grace this afternoon!

Then we spent the day working in the yard/watching the big kids play.


She {loves} this thing.


Radley was such a great helper for Ryan today. We were fixing the flower bed where Mr. Snake was spotted and he helped us haul what felt like 20 tons of dirt, move roots, and load in pebbles. 


She decided she wanted to help, too. 


Work in progress (I forgot to take a real 'before' pic)...


And done.

I am so excited about this. *Hopefully* we will no longer be treated to sand dunes/dirt piles after a heavy rain.


After all that, they were all ready for bed!
(Even Violet)


Have a great week, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment