8.27.2012

Let the "first days" begin...

As working parents, Ryan and I are used to sending our kids to "school". 

But today was still a big day.


It was his first official day of Pre-K. 

And it's a bit ridiculous because it made me sad to think about the picture we will be taking NEXT year.
::live in the moment Katy live in the moment::


He was all smiles this morning!


He was really excited about his new classroom and teacher, Ms. Kim. And he was very quick to point out his dinosaur on the door. 


He wanted to walk Emmy to her class before we left. Doesn't she just look too excited about learning? 


I about died at her class bulletin board. 


I mean, really?
HA!


Then we walked him back to class. 

He has seriously grown 3 inches this summer. 

How did that happen? And how do you make it stop?



Our big kid. Our first born. Our little man. 


This year he is just walking away, heading into a gym and going to face a day of writing his name, learning lower case letters, some simple math and sight words. He will get in trouble for not listening and rewarded for being a leader. He will cry because someone was mean to him on the playground and *maybe* cause a few tears himself. 



And before I know it he will be walking away from me to go to college. Get married. Be a daddy. I pray that he enters those feats with as much confidence as he has today. That he leaves with a smile. And that he never walks away before giving me a hug and a kiss. 




No comments:

Post a Comment