9.12.2012

This week in pictures...

So I am okay with admitting that I can waste lots of time looking at post after post of "the week in pictures" on MSNBC. Some of them are tragic, some of the are uplifting, all of them are beautiful. They give a little glimpse into the lives and nature all across the world. 


It really is true that a picture is a worth a thousand words. So, in honor of the art of photography (and because I took three "semi-cool" pics over the weekend) I give you our week{end} in pictures... 
(Sarah, I hope I make you proud). 

Picture One:
Dad at Party
You know the guy you see at most functions behind a lens, yelling commands like "smile!" "NO...look over here!" "Just one more then you can play!". 


Picture Two:
Thirsty bird

This is our backyard - and if this is really how my kids remember it then I will have done my job as a momma. Toys scattered about, green grass, noise in the background from Daddy, Pete and Pops working on a project and sweet hummingbirds making an appearance. 

I only had to take 23 a few pictures before getting this one! The bird isn't completely in focus, but I ain't gonna lie... I was super impressed with my photography skills. 
(please ignore that it's not completely straight). 


Picture Three:
That moment when you almost pee your pants in front of your kids

I noticed that wasps seemed to be making a more frequent appearance every day when I would go grab the mail. Ryan and I couldn't find  nest and thought that they were just "hanging out" in/near the porch. Sunday after church we were heading out to take a picture of the kids and my mom asked if we had ever found the nest to which I told her no. 

All of a sudden Radley pipes up, "You mean that nest, Mommy?" as he points to our house. We all look up and tried not to scream. This is the eve directly above Landry's room. That is about 25 wasps. THIS IS NOT OKAY. 

Daddy and Pete went on a killing spree later that day and found another nest in a tree on the corner. The bug man made a visit on Monday. 



{as a bonus}
Picture Four:
My heart, personified

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. 
~Elizabeth Stone


Pictures may speak 1000 words, but even the best pictures can't do justice to the love of a parent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment