3.27.2013

Where two or more are gathered...

Let there be a party!

(Just kidding ... I know that's not the end of that sentence)

(Mostly because I hung out with some baptists this weekend - I know they let us hang out with them!)

I talked about how amazing dotMOM was a few weeks ago. One of the best parts was the new friends that I got to meet from Cindy's Sunday school class (see baptist joke above). I was thrilled to get to know these women as we not only absorbed lessons on this crazy ride of mommyhood but also to worship with a new group of friends. 

Fast-forward a couple of weeks and an evite pops up in my inbox from one of my lovely new friends inviting us to her parents ranch for an Easter Egg Hunt. We knew that the kids would love it and of course made plans to attend. 

The ranch is beautiful - sheltered among layers of trees and winding roads. As soon as we entered their property Radley and Emmy were convinced it was heaven - dirt, sticks, and a giant playground complete with a splash pad - yes this was a "ranch" for my people. ;) 

 Melissa and Jennifer's dad had let us know that they had a heated pool so we brought the swim gear just in case.  I was not; however, convinced that anyone needed to actually get in the pool. It was a gorgeous Texas spring day but really windy.

Guess who won that battle...


and....


Guess who was the smart one and didn't try to get in...


About 17 seconds later they decided it was cold and they were going to die from hypothermia. 

These are my kids, afterall... we do love a good exaggeration. 

We quickly gave them a big fat I-told-you-so and dried them off. They ran back outside to play and make new friends, eat some home made deer sausage and yummy southern sides from all the party goers...all the while patiently awaiting "the hunt".

Melissa and Jennifer stuffed and hid easily 200+ eggs and the kids LOVED it! They had a hunt for the little kiddos...



Landry didn't qualify since she refuses to walk.



And then the big kids were lead out in "the woods" for their turn.

(please note the stick in Radley's hand. We now have enough twigs and branches in our backyard to start a fire big enough to melt the remaining icebergs).



 Radley almost didn't get to compete after an immediate injury due to a run-in with a cactus. But I lovingly told him to suck it up shake it off and he forged ahead...


I may have to adopt Easter as a year round event...


They could hunt eggs for hours.


After the eggs were all picked up from obvious view found - it was time for the kiddos to test out that playground they saw on the way in...


Mills was the only HMM to sit still long enough to let me snap a pic!


We had a great day with some new friends...



I'm so glad for this small community of people that He has given us and thankful for the blessings of new friends...


and old, too! 

(Not as in you are "old" Cindy...just a seasoned friend!)

:)



1 comment:

  1. I don't mind at all being called your "old" friend! I'll take that title any day!

    ReplyDelete