4.13.2013

Free Fun Friday...

 Free Fun Friday took us to Research Park this week and as we were pulling into the circle drive I could not believe that this was the first time we had taken the kids. RP is a great park on Texas A&M's campus - open fields, lots of paths, ponds, waterfalls, hungry ducks... everything some kids looking for "aventures" (no 'd') could need! 


We quickly ate our "Chick - A- Lay" and were on our way - just in time for Daddy to join us! 


First stop was to feed the ducks - which they could have done for hours. The only thing more fun than feeding the ducks was trying to also feed the turtles, but the ducks could {obviously} get the food faster. So Radley tried to make up a game where we distracted the ducks while he tried to feed the turtles. It didn't work - that is him "yelling" at the ducks in the bottom picture. 

The ducks are clearly used to being fed, and are kind of like Landry... they get unhappy if you aren't giving them the food fast enough. Bottom left picture shows how one duck decided to jump on land and chase us until we just handed over all the french fries. 

Emmy thought it was hilarious.


When this one decides to use her legs, she can join in the duck feeding... until then she has to settle for being an audience member. 

(I think she has it figured out - walk or be carried/pushed in my own chair? The choice is clear.)




We made our way around the path only stopping for races... 



stick finding...





and one sibling pic!




Then the kids spotted a rock bridge...



And Radley just had to cross. So like a good Daddy, Ryan led the way. Radley was loving it, until... he fell in!! Ha! It was hilarious... so hilarious that as I was trying to get the pictures, I bumped the stroller... where my iPhone was resting... near a body of water...and...

Yep. It fell in.


I had no idea how to react. I wanted to cry - I was sure Ryan was going to shake me, but of course he didn't and just sweetly told me that it was fine. 

At that moment, my brother and crew showed up and I told him what happened. His solution? To take off his shoes, roll up his jeans and go look for it. He figured I would feel better at least having the phone even if it was broken. I bought into the logic, rolled up my pants and joined him.

In about 10 square feet of space (or more, I have no clue) we found sticks, rocks, trash, CLAMS (yes - real, live, clams) and other such pleasantries. Searching in pond water for my phone. My phone that held pictures, videos, phone numbers, and 1000s of text messages worth of important information.

My phone that was clearly not going to work, but we kept searching.

And then...



I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!! 

Y'all.

I FOUND MY PHONE.

AND IT FREAKING WORKED!

(Proof that no prayer is too insignificant or small for God.)

I can only imagine that winning the lottery must feel this good. 



Promptly after giving my phone to Ryan for safe keeping, we continued on the trail where Miss Emmy insisted that she take a picture next to the pretty flowers.




Sweet Kailyn joined in too - Emmy really was more excited than it seems.


Uncle Pete then talked us into a celebratory game of hide and seek - where Radley proceeded to lose a shoe, step in an ant bed, and fall down and bruise his knee.

::tears::
That's it. I want to go home. First I fall in the water. Mom drops her phone. I lose my shoe. Step in ants. And now this!!!!

(where does he get this drama?)

We agreed that we may have had enough fun for one Friday afternoon, packed up the car and headed home.


Where I immediately synced my phone. 

I am loving the Free Fun Fridays, but could use a little less excitement next week!

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment