4.08.2013

The time I rambled and clothes exploded...

I learned a long time ago that weekends should start on Thursday nights, on special occasions a Wednesday (and every now and then you should skip the week all together, like Derby Days 1999). 

But I digress.

We started our weekend on Thursday night a visit from "the Aggies" otherwise known as most of the execs from MSC FISH (we missed you Kerry). We enjoyed a lovely brinner and then headed outside to play. 

The kids were in heaven (even the biggest ones).



Emmy loves putting on a show for our guests - being extra bossy cute so as to impress everyone. 



The big kids were teaching Radley all kinds of new tricks. Like how to do a back flip off a swing. I almost had a heart attack. In the 45 minutes we were outside, Will had flipped off the swing, climbed on the roof of the treehouse, tried to bounce out of the trampoline, and encouraged Radley to follow in these shenanigans. 

This all from a kid whose both parents are doctors. 



We had an easy Friday night and then hit the ground running on Saturday morning with our first soccer game in 3 weeks. 



Landry was glad to be back in her cheering seat!


Emmy was just there for the snacks.
;)


I can't tell you how much I love watching him play.
I LOVE watching him play

L  O  V  E

His confidence, his determination, his focus, his enthusiasm... he just lights up on the field.



Then the day got less fun.

And by less fun I mean painful.

And by painful, I mean I almost had 1000 panic attacks because it was "closet clean out" weekend for the kids. 

I **think** my kids have enough clothes. 



This was just Landry's room. I eventually just moved everything into our living room, opened a bottle of wine, cried, and blasted the radio.

I'm lying about the radio part.


While I was inside doing all that, Ryan was entertaining the kids with "projects" in the garage.


They were building and painting garages for Radley's new car. 


Radley requested that we paint our garage floor with the same metallic paint.


 I told him when we get a shiny brown sports car, we would consider it.


That night we headed to dinner with Gigi and Pops and the Munsons to celebrate Josh's birthday.
(I forgot my camera). We then introduced Radley and Emmy to Alice and Wonderland.

Ummm.

That movie is weird. Like crazy weird.

He has requested to watch 1748 since.

We capped off our glorious weekend with pizza at the Bailey's. A LONG overdue dinner with the friends that entered this crazy world of parenthood next door to us.

These two cuties are growing up much too fast and have kept our weekends and hearts full for 5.5 years!



1 comment:

  1. The fact that I know no one in that Exec picture with the kids makes me want to crack open a bottle of wine and cry because I am old.

    Thanks for making sure we are all #fishforlife

    ReplyDelete