5.03.2013

InstaKings...

Here is a glance at our life from my phone...

Last Wednesday MSC FISH celebrated another great year at their annual banquet. I am so honored to have spent the last 10 years with this organization. They have definitely made as much of an impact on my life as I have on theirs. So proud of them!


Each year I read them the story of the starfish. The tale goes...

Once upon a time, there was a man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work.

One day, as he was walking along the shore, he looked down the beach and saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself at the thought of someone who would dance to the day, and so, he walked faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a child, and that what he was doing was not dancing at all. The child was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects, and throwing them into the ocean.
He came closer still and called out “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”
The child paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean.”

“I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?” asked the somewhat startled man.
To this, the child replied, “The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them in, they’ll die.”
Upon hearing this, the man commented, “But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can’t possibly make a difference!”

At this, the child bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”


The exec team got together and bought me a James Avery starfish. 
Love.


Cruised by the old digs on our way to Free Fun Friday last week. 
It just isn't the same. 

As soon as I see a for sale sign in front I am {re}buying this house.


FFF = feeding ducks.
(none of them wanted to stop for a picture)


What? You don't wear your sunglasses like this?
She is such a trendsetter.



Radley's big thrill last weekend was riding around in Ryan's jeep. He LOVES it. I just don't understand how in the heck he fell asleep with the top down!


Sunday dinner reminiscent of college - only difference is those cute kids in the background!


Came home for lunch one day this week and was treated to this little gem of a film.
#coolrider #girlforallseasons #tbirds


She insisted on a picture because she is "so adowable".
Plus she wanted gum.


My car just quit one morning after I walked the kids into school. At least I had my new cute shoes on to keep me company!



This girl. 
She insisted on eating a sandwich like the bigs kids. Looks like me - eats like Ryan.


Radley had his first official field trip yesterday so I tagged along. 
He LOVED it and it was so much fun getting to watch him in his element.
(sidenote: PreK and Kinder teachers are saints)


And this is our version of controlled chaos around here. Just a typical Thursday night fort building session.


And that's us in an instant!


No comments:

Post a Comment