5.23.2013

Surprise for 35...

The trip to DC was a great way to celebrate Ryan's 35th birthday (I mean, time with me is a gift to anyone). BUT, I couldn't very well let the man's birthday go by without a party! I had invited all of our nearest and dearest to meet up for burgers at one of our local favorites. 

I was a little worried because our flight was SUPER early that morning (like we left the house at 2:45AM) so I knew we would be exhausted, but I still wanted to celebrate. Our flight was scheduled to land at 12:45pm in CS so I had everyone meet at the restaurant at 1pm thinking we would arrive shortly after. 

Ha. What's that saying about best laid plans? Oh right - it's that they hate me. 
:)


Our flight into College Station landed 25 minutes EARLY. And, well, an airport with one terminal and 20 people on the plane meant that we didn't really wait long for our luggage. I managed to make an excuse to stall as long as I could and then got in the car and told him my mom had sent me a text and wanted to go eat for his birthday.

I then made him take the most random route ever to look at a new cable park that is being built. He bought into with little questioning. But it still didn't buy us enough time and we made it there almost before everyone else. 


But it didn't take away from the fact that we were celebrating him or that we got to eat cupcakes. 
:)


And everyone around here loves a cupcake.


A lot.


Happy birthday, Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment