5.09.2013

Tiny Tales Thursday...

My kids say lots of funny things all the time. Most of the time I remember it - some times I do not. This is one of those weeks where I am just going blank. I can see all the faces/sass that Emmy gives me on a regular basis but I can not post that on the blog.

So today's tale comes from about 3 hours ago.

We are in the middle of a crazy thunderstorm in the big CS. Huge.

I used to hate thunderstorms. Like I was deathly afraid that I was going to be all Dorothy and Toto-ed anytime it rained. I lived in my parents' closet for a week once. And then in Niki's closet for a day.

And the first time Ryan ever came home with me we got caught in a huge storm. I was freaking out. Like crying hysterically. I pulled over on the side of the road and wouldn't even let him drive. He was calling my mom trying to figure out how to calm me down. (I think she may have laughed at him).

Anyway - I hated them.

(And no I never over reacted about them - why do you ask?)

And then one day I was over it.

So back to the present.

It rained. A lot. And we have an entire backyard full of puddles. Basically our own WT swimming pool.

I tried to convince the kids to go play in the rain/puddles and these were the responses:

Rad: Mom. It's lightening. That's not safe.
Emms: No. I don't like the "tunder".
Landry ::thinking to self:: Mom. I clearly don't even walk. I may never walk. I'm not going out there.

What a waste of a perfectly good rain storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment