6.17.2013

InstaKings {overload}...

So I take a lot of pictures with my phone.

Like A LOT. 

(Think Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber when you are saying that)

But - my mom requested a blog update because my MaMaw is still in the hospital - keep those prayers coming - so here it goes.

Our lives from my phone for the past 2+ weeks. 

Ummm.
Yeah.
Insta-dorable!


We sent the kids on a scavenger hunt to officially welcome summer. The loved it!


Summer really does just rock. 
Everything about it - the longer days, the smell of suntan lotion, the cooking out... it is just awesome.


My first official week of summer I got to spend with this chick-a-dee. That also rocked!


We met Radley at the pool for his first field trip of the season!


And enjoyed some tasty treats after!


I did manage to find some time to enjoy an hour long massage followed by an ahhhmazing facial.

To repeat myself on purpose: Summer. Rocks!



Know what is amazing to make with leftover BBQ chicken?
Homemade BBQ chicken pizza. 




That made this kid smile because "it's my favorite, Mommy! And yours is as good as Newk's!"
#topchef


This is her sick.
I know, right. 
She was taking care of Violet and Little Baby.


This is her also sick. 
She may also be wondering, "Put that camera down, fool, so I can enjoy this scrumptious mac n cheese from McAlister's"


Landry kinda loves watermelon.
At one point I had to dig the rind out of her mouth. Please note how small it ended up being when she was done.


I took Radley shopping for Emmy's birthday present one night and this is what he picked out. I wasn't going to go for something so pricey but he said, "Just get it, Mom. It's her birthday - she deserves it."

SMH


One of my main summer goals was to eat healthy and work out. 
Step one of the work out plan was to get cute clothes. 


Step two was to not die while running up and down this hill. 
(Which was much more fun when I was drinking beer and listening to Jerry Jeff sing about Sangria Wine).


Staying home gave me much more time for party prep. And we were super excited about this upcoming little shin dig...


Yeah - these grow in my MaMaw's yard. She literally does nothing to them. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMERSYN KING!!!


And then it was PARTY day!!!



Her friends are pretty cool for helping her celebrate...


We had the best time...


and I think all these tots did, too!


The next day we enjoyed some homemade snow cones on one of Emmy's newest gifts (thanks, Jenni!)

For all you advocare peeps, Ryan and I mixed up some Spark and made Spark Slushes - they were delish!



It's always wonderful when my momma comes to town and leaves gravy. Shrimp and gravy - only a crazy cajun Italian could love this.


But anyone could love these cuties! This is them on a Monday morning. I'm a lucky Momma to get these smiles all the time!


Emmy has hit her stride at 3... she gets "overflowing with energy" almost every day. The teachers just go on and on about what a sweet helper she is and how well she listens and is just so happy all day.

*and I have now just jinxed her good behavior


Love is making banana bread and not eating any. At all. 
#stupidhealthyeating


Well checks for the girls. 
Emmy - 9th percentile for height; 5th percentile for weight
Landry - 40th percentile for both
Emmy - no shots
Landry - two shots, one tear

Both happy, healthy girls which means I am one thankful momma!


$30 investment....


Priceless results. 

Seriously - I LOVE these. (Full blog post coming soon!)


I'm a dork.



I'm also thankful that HobLob has obviously been stalking Pinterest and made it so super easy for folks to get their craft on - or just display things that look like they got their craft on. And if you use your 40% off coupon on your handy dandy HobLob app - you are an extra winner!


We grabbed some froyo the other night. Superman and Tinkerbell were big hits with the other patrons.


Radley makes his own bed every day. Every day it's different. 
And I LOVE it.



Emmy is in charge of pillow and doll/lovey placement on her bed. This is what I found...



I love to organize.


I also love any excuse for quiet Friday nights to get prepped for the weekend. We have surrendered to the Texas heat and hardly ever partake in Free Fun Fridays at the moment...instead we used Sonic gift cards and had a picnic with Peter Pan.


Here's MaMaw's entire hydrangea bush!!!


Since I was in Baton Rouge visiting a recuperating MaMaw and giving my momma some rest, these three had their Daddy all to themselves for Father's Day! Saturday was a day of legos, play doh, swimming and ice cream!

I'm a lucky girl to have such a great daddy for my babies!


On the upside, that meant that I got to spend Sunday with my Daddy! I'd say he's the best around - a lucky girl indeed!


And that's us in a quasi-instant!

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment