6.25.2013

Soccer camp...

Radley started soccer camp yesterday and in one moment my baby turned for real big kid. Like too big to hold my hand when he crossed the street big. And too big to give me a kiss in front of the other campers big. (And then I threatened him and all was right in the world again)

(And then something even more amazing happened - I glanced over and saw Melanie (aka Big Mama - aka my bestie from San Antonio). I immediately sent a text to Cindy to let her know that she was there and then tried not to look like the obvious stalker that I was by watching my kid play instead of seeing when she was leaving)

(ps. We have the same blog topic today. Proof that we are friends).



He was excited to get out on the Aggie field and kick the ball around with the other kids and was excited to see his teammate, Ashtyn, there. I love that he wanted to wear his soccer jersey to camp. 




I'm so proud of his confidence - he just went right out there, introduced himself and made some new friends. He looked so tiny out on that big field surrounded by bigger kids.



They broke up into teams and then started with drills. 


Notice who is in front of the line?
(the kid who hates to be last.)


This one is called "the blob" and Radley wasn't a fan. Mainly because he just wants to run, dribble and score. Being "the blob" didn't allow you to do that. Camp is definitely going to be good for this kid!

;)


He did, however, LOVE the all-you-can-drink water and gatorade. I'm pretty sure it was most of the kids age 5-6 favorite part of the camp. 


Can't believe I have a kid old enough to be in the "camp" stage of life.



Also can't believe how much I LOVE this part of parenthood. 


And I really can't believe that I have now met Melanie twice in 6 months. 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment