6.24.2013

While Daddy's Away...

Ryan headed off on his annual guys golf trip to Pinehurst, North Carolina early Thursday morning which meant I got the spend four days with the kiddos. Alone. :)

I actually love having them to myself, it's having the house to myself at night that I don't love. 

(Not that Ryan is some fierce ninja that keeps away all things scary, but it's nicer sharing the bed with him than not). 

So - what did we do? 

Thursday and Friday were much of the same, the kids went to school and expanded their little minds while I stayed home and got sucked into Season 2 of Scandal. I happy to say that I completed the Season so now my little obsession can be over.

(Except that the other day I thought of something in terms of "what would the Grant administration do?" which signals that I need help). 

Anyway - yes I sent them to school while I stayed home. Judge. 

Friday night we took the long trek across the street to go swimming with Hudson. I am kinda obsessed with our new neighbors - we have become fast friends and it is just lovely to have a texting, walking, obsessing over whatever buddy yards away from my house. We picked up some pizza, splashed, laughed and just hung out. Then Joel, Hudson's dad, pulled out the ice cream and sealed the deal as best night of the summer (so far). 

Perk of the short distance is that kids were bathed and in bed within 10 minutes of us leaving. Rad, Emmy and I had a movie night and slept like fully fed babies. 

Saturday morning meant a trip to Shipley's and then Hudson and Maegan joined us at the Children's Museum (which was another item on that Bucket List). 

It was Landry's first "real" time to go and play and she loved it!


This kid always has fun and he's so big that he just explored on his own, made new friends, and was happy as could be. 

(And my heart just cried).



 I looked up to find "Woody and Buzz Light Year" picking up a few supplies at HEB.

(And yes, that's what they called each other. All morning. I don't even think they asked each other their real names).



Emmy sat and made about 100 "cards" for everyone she knows. Spoiler Alert - she insisted that we mail some of them so cross your fingers that you get one!


Then practiced her skills at being a bag lady.


And Landry just hung out in the treehouse the whole time.


Sidenote: Hudson was with us - he is just obsessed with a certain train these days and did not leave the train table. Which he has at home! (Ha!)

Saturday night, Maegan and I took the bigs to see Monster University (go see this movie - it's adorable! It could have ended about 15 minutes before it actually ended, but still cute!) and Miss L got to hang out with Miss Alyssa.  

Sunday we got dressed and headed to church, ran to Academy and Target, and then spent the day playing with everything from puzzles, to dolls, to blocks to the ever-trusty color station on the floor.



Landry is kinda obsessed with this. I may have to figure out how to just make this a permanent part of the house.


She got big overnight. Seriously, make.it.STOP!!!


 Make them all stop growing. I would like to keep them just as they are forever.


And while I would like to say that as a supermom the four days was a breeze, I won't. I will say that there were a few tears, some minor frustrations, a raised voice (mainly at meal times....does that happen to anyone else... I think if we just skipped eating life would be easy), and a thankful sigh at nap time... but I will also say that I treasured the time we spent. Nothing is better than having these three to love, well, except their daddy.




No comments:

Post a Comment