7.24.2013

Answered prayers...


I lived on the BEST street growing up. 

Don't believe me? Here is a run down of our crew:

Nikki and Monica - across the street neighbors. 6 years older than me. And UBER cool. ;) Nikki was a cheerleader and basic idol of mine. She would let me come over at 6:45AM just so she could french braid my hair before school. 

Mindy and Stephanie - down the street neighbors. We rode bikes, slept under the stars, "lived" in their camper, etc. They had the most awesome playhouse in their backyard. Our moms were each others' "go to" in a bind. 

Niki - Around the corner neighbor. Our friendship grew as we got older. We have basically done everything you can imagine together. Road trips. Senior trips. House parties. Laughed. Cried. Fought. Made up. School projects. Life projects. She's kind of amazing. 

Clint and Wes - down the street neighbor. Cute boy. Fun parents. And a pool. That we got to use whenever we wanted. Even when they were out of town. 

And that's a just a few of the awesome people that lived on our street.

I LOVED it. Loved growing up with friends close by. Loved that we could go as far as my dad's whistle could be heard. Seriously, I was lucky.

And - that (to have great neighbors) has been a major prayer of ours since we lived in our first home. We really want our kids to be surrounded by good people. Reliable people. Fun people. And we want to be friends with the people that live all around us. We are lucky to live in a good neighborhood, with nice neighbors. Neighbors that we can have quick conversations with, wave hello to in the morning and have them check our mail when we are away. Can't complain.

BUT. Y'all... I can't tell you how happy my heart is that we now have friends as neighbors. 


Meet Maegan. 


This was Sunday afternoon. I had taken the girls to run a quick errand and Ryan and Radley were working in the yard. When I got back home I didn't see Rad but Ryan let me know that he had gone across the street to play. 

I think I almost cried. 

Three minutes later he and Maegan were in our house because he wanted to bring a Batman leggo toy over for Hudson to play with. 

I cried again.

Then we all just threw on our suits and went over for a quick swim and popsicle break in our day before a thunderstorm rolled in. No pomp and circumstance. No special occasion. Just an hour in our day to hang out. 

AND.

If the fact that our new neighbors/friends aren't just amazing on their own...Maegan was college roommate's with Ryan's best-friend's wife in college. (Follow?) Ummm. What kind of amazingly small world do we live in?

Later that night as we were sitting in bed my phone beeped. I went to check the text message and it was from Maegan:

We are laying in bed watching TV and Joel just bust out laughing. I asked what is so funny.... and he just says he keeps picturing Ryan dunking poor Landry!

(I should include that Landry is fine and he didn't really dunk her. She just kind of slipped. #thirdkid)

Anyway - we then died laughing again and I was reminded that sometimes we wait for our prayers to be answered, but it is always worth it. 

Welcome to the 'hood, y'all. So glad you chose our neck of the woods. 

You are NEVER allowed to move. 

2 comments:

  1. That is the kind of neighborhood we left behind in Houston. Hoping to find that again here in college station. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. That's the kind of street we live on now and I hope so much that no one moves and all our kids grow up together!

    ReplyDelete