7.23.2013

Grow old with me...

I have a confession to make. 

I am not really that great at art projects. 

At all. 

I may pass as "crafty" but that's different from being artistic. The only "B" I ever made from Kindergarten through HS graduation was in the 5th grade. In Art. I got an 89. And, no, I'm not bitter at all. (And, I also only received one "B" in college... we won't discuss what the rest of those grades were - ha!)

Ok, back on track. 

I am not artistic, so when I fell in love with all the growth charts that were popping up on Pinterest, I almost gave up before trying. But, Ryan had the perfect piece of plywood for the project and thought that we could make it happen. 

And we DID!! :) 

All you need is plywood or a 1x4 depending on how much space you have, paint, and your own creative design! Ryan measured and cut the plywood to fit perfectly onto one part of our wall and then painted the board solid black. This doesn't require much paint so just buy the sample size at your local hardware store. 

 Instead of drawing/tracing numbers onto our board, I found these great iron ones at HobLob and just used paint I had on hand to brighten them up. 



I measured and marked each foot - taking into account the baseboard molding on our walls (that's kind of an important part). 


Then I just attached the numbers and hung it on the wall. I transferred all the measurements we had recorded onto the board, painted over the screws and touched up the marks and that's it!



Love it!


And I love that we will have this to keep for a long time...


through growth spurts...


and milestones and everything in between!


I'd give us an A for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment