7.12.2013

InstaKings... (Road Trip Edition)

And here is a view of Kings of the Road from my phone... 

On Sunday night, I was doing laundry, cleaning house, etc... (because I'm crazy and do all of that before a trip so we can come home and have nothing to do) and Emmy wanted to help. She told me she needed to go get dressed first and this is what she was wearing when she returned. I think she was channeling her inner Donna Reed. 


We weren't leaving until Tuesday morning, so Ryan and I got to spend the day together on Monday. I ran him through one of my boot camp workouts and this is is how good he looked after. (I then convinced him to go for a run, too!)


After all that sweating we met Radley's class at the pool for this swimming field trip. Ryan was a HUGE hit! (I think the teachers loved having them there even more than these kids!)


And we were off! 
6am is early for *some* people. 
And yes, the kids wore red, white and blue every day! 


In the land before time (aka my childhood) we had no fancy gadgets to keep our attention on road trips. Instead, we had things like the alphabet game, the picnic basket game, and my favorite - the license plate game. 

Old school meets new school.

(side note: I bought this at Target YEARS ago, on a whim. I told Ryan that I wanted to get it for when we have kids and go on road trips. It's the little things).

This was a GIANT hit! Radley was SOOOO good at spotting different license plates and Emmy liked finding the matches when Radley would point which magnet to move. It was entertaining, educational and a fun little challenge. We teamed up with the HMMs since they were in New Mexico and they found us Alaska! By the end of the trip, we had spotted 28 states!

(and Radley is still continuing to play in CS)


Cindy posted this same picture on their beginning stretch of their HMMVacation and I thought it was adorable. Emmy and Landry switched roles throughout, but we could always count on Rad for those silly smiles!


And we made it to Louisiana!


First stop: USS Kidd. 
Such tourists!


Day 2: Baton Rouge Zoo!


And a daily visit to check on MaMaw!


I know I keep posting pics of MaMaw's hydrangea bush, but y'all.

ONE plant. THREE different colors of flowers!


HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!


I just love my All American Boy!



Street vendor food = deliciousness in a paper boat. 
Alligator balls!


Our very own Miss Independent!


Our last day in Baton Rouge - the planetarium visit that wasn't. 
Ha!



We ended the trip on a "sparkling" high note! 
Doesn't he look just like Harry Potter?
;)


Back in the Lone Star State!


Five days in Louisiana and they come home as a bunch of gypsies!


We had such a great trip and made so many precious memories! I look forward to the next 15 years of seeing the USA one state at a time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment