7.03.2013

Please don't go girl you got the right stuff...

As soon as the "soccer celebration" was over on Friday, I jumped flew torpedoed myself got into Ryan's car and headed to Waco to pick up Jenni so we could drive to Dallas for the ultimate GNO at "The Package" tour. Y'all. I was more giggly than that time I secretly held Craig's hand in the library during reading time in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. 

This was going to be EPIC.

Ten, yes TEN, of us girls from the good ol' class of 1997 were meeting up for some fun. 

(Can we pause and reflect on that? How awesome is it, that we are all still friends after all this time? Some of us talk and see each other more often than others, but we have friendships that have lasted for 30 years. And we are barely even 30 (ok, maybe not barely anymore). I am SO incredibly thankful for the blessing of a small town childhood. A place that is just as much home today as it was the day I left for college. A place that brings love and laughter into my life to this day.)

Katy, Jenni and I met up at Amy's to get ready before heading out to meet the rest of the girls for some dinner first.


We gobbled up some delicious grub, drank some bubbly beverages and filled the first part of our evening with silly stories and laughs. 


One quick group photo and then we were off...


And as soon as we entered American Airlines Center my heart was flooded with memories that I didn't even know I had. Boyz II Men was seriously killing it and I.Was.GIDDY. Like stupid happy. Like a giant kool aid smile on my face. 

Amy got us great seats (and if I would have brought the 300mm lens like I wanted I could have taken some much better pics, but size did matter in this case and no one wanted to lug that sucker around). They sounded amazing and had the whole house swooning and singing to their greatest hits.


We couldn't stop laughing at ourselves. Jenni and Kellie really couldn't stop laughing at me. I may or may not love to sing (loudly) but could potentially be slightly tone deaf.


All too quickly B2Men had to say goodbye - and that is always so hard for them.

(get it?)



Then there was this part in the middle that we like to pretend never happened where Nick Lachey, Brother Drew and two other guys that I don't know their names came out, danced a little, sang some songs and then brought a pregnant woman on the stage, sat her on a stool and proceeded to dance around her in ways that married men should never dance to a woman who is WITH CHILD. 

Or the part where we all realized we were 30(ish). 

So we paused to take a group pic instead.
(We missed you Niki!!)


And then it happened.

My 5th-7th grade dreams FINALLY came true.

They arrived.

NKOTB!!!


And for the next two hours proceeded to put on a great show! They sang all our favorites and sounded great! They also added some parts that I don't remember from 5th grade, like stripping - and while we were all too mature to buy-in to that, we had fun watching the women around us go crazy.

All 15,000 of them!

;)


Jordan still loved the spotlight and could strangely still sing as high as when he was 17, Joey was still adorable, Donnie was still the bad boy, Danny was still the one that no one noticed and poor Jonathan just looked miserable. 

We still knew all the words to all the songs, sang them loudly and only paused once or twice to sit down...



 (well some of us more than others).

:)



It was seriously an AWESOME night spent with some of the greatest women around. 


(this is me. Hanging Tough).

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment