8.19.2013

InstaKings...


Is anyone surprised that I am behind on these posts. I really should stick to Fridays, but I get distracted. 

Okay, here goes our last few weeks from my phone.

I was super excited that we were surprising the kids with a weekend trip to the beach...but I may have been almost as equally excited about our beach food. Yum. 



PJs and blankets and smiles on our way to the beach!
They did not sleep a wink the entire drive. Even Landry stayed awake - that was just crazy cakes!


After we all got settled, Ryan and I enjoyed a lovely beer on the deck listening to the tide come in. 
(Yes his toes are painted - perks of being a Dad!)


Our first morning and what appears... a beautiful rainbow!
Thanks, God!



These two were having the best time playing make believe!


She was having the best time eating all the snacks!


And we had a great time snuggling while a quick rain shower passed over!


Radley's creatures - a pipefish (Thanks, Meredith) and a snail. 



We were definitely the Kings of the beach!!


Then it was time to go home. 
And Emmy kept insisting that she was asleep under her blanket when she was actually making up "princess" songs.

Oy. 


Loved spending the weekend with this guy! He not only lets me be crazy and plan (somewhat) random trips to the beach - he helps with the packing and playing and unpacking madness that surrounds it all. Thanks, babe!


Last Tuesday I called to make an appointment with my amazing hair girl, Carly. Thinking it would be a couple of weeks before she could see me... BUT she had a cancellation that morning so I got to see her that day! Then I stopped by Sonic for Happy Hour and well, Tuesday was pretty dang awesome.


And if that wasn't enough...this guy was HOME when we pulled into the driveway and had dinner on the stove. (Emmy and Rad added the costume later)

And then heaven's gates opened and the choirs of angels sang out loud.


Radley has been taking showers for about a year now (I can't tell you how much I love that he is self-sufficient) but the other night this chicka wanted to shower as well. 

Ummm. No. You're three. 

And stinking adorable.


Way back in June the kids did a scavenger hunt that lead them to coupon prizes. Emmy finally redeemed her night out with Mommy and Daddy. She was in heaven. She didn't stop talking and said so many things that I have never heard her talk about before. I loved it and I also felt guilty that we don't do this more often. 

Her favorite part may have been the fact that she got her "own Dr Pepper".


After dinner we took her shopping - she picked out a lovely floral dress and cat shirt. :) Then we headed for ice cream and made our way home.

One of my favorite nights with her ever!


The countdown is here - kindergarten is so close for our sweet boy!


We wanted to make the days leading up to Kindergarten fun for Radley to maybe ease his nerves and to really celebrate him growing up! We wrapped some goodies that he gets to unwrap for the next week - mainly just the stuff that he picked out ages ago like this shark backpack. He is loving it!


Meet Clark the Shark.
He is starting school.
He is excited about everything.
Sometimes his excitement gets him in trouble because he doesn't listen.
Clark is basically Radley King.


Radley's GOLDEN birthday is coming up and I am so pumped about all the fun stuff we are going to do! I love being a mom!


On Saturday we got to celebrate Cameron's birthday! Cameron is one of Rad's soccer teammates and we had so much fun at his party!!


And that's us in an instant!






No comments:

Post a Comment