8.29.2013

Tiny Tales Thursday...

This week brought to you by kindergarten....


After we dropped Radley off on the first day of school, I was taking the girls to daycare. Emmy had lots of questions...

Emmy: When will I go to kindergarten, Mommy?
Me: In two years, baby.
Emmy: With Rad-a-ley?
Me: Yes, maybe.
Emmy: When will I go to Radley's new school?
Me: Well, do you want to learn Spanish?
Emmy: No.
Me: Really?
Emmy: No.
Me: What if Mommy and Daddy want you to learn Spanish?
Emmy: No.
Me: What if Gigi and Pops want you to learn?
Emmy: No.
Me: What if Radley wants you to learn?
Emmy: I NOT LEARN SPANISH.
slight pause
Me: What if KK wants you to learn Spanish?
Emmy: Ok!

Wow. I feel the love.

This week we have been parking and walking Radley into school and picking him up in the gym. We talked about the other options such as just dropping him off and waiting in the carpool line to pick him up.

Radley: Hmmm. You can probably drop me off, Momma. That's cool. I can walk in.
Me: Ok, buddy. What about picking you up? Do you want to wait in the gym or can we do the carpool line?
Radley: You can do the carpool line.
Me: Ok.
slight pause
Radley: Well, wait. What if Daddy decides to pick me up one day and I think you are coming. And then I see a car that looks exactly like your car and I open the door and get in and put on my seat belt and then look up and say 'whoa...you're not my mom. That's weird.' I mean, what if that happens? ... ... You should probably just come to the gym.

He's funny, huh?

1 comment: