9.29.2013

It's Fall, Y'all...

So today was some kind of wonderful. 

The whole weekend was a gift, but today was extra special. 

The rain put us all in a trance, so we slept late - Miss L until 9am! Enjoyed some fresh baked muffins by the King, and then it was time for some crafts! I bought these cute door hangers at HobLob about a month ago for the kids to decorate for Halloween. I thought it would be cute to make their foot print into a ghost, so away we went.


First up, Miss Landry...
(photo cred: Radley)


Then Miss Emmy...
(photo cred: Radley)



And then Mr. Radley King had his turn. He was slightly ticklish. 



We waited for their feet to dry then each kiddo added their personal touches. The finished products are pretty darn cute. And you would know that if I took a picture with my camera. But alas, I only snapped one with my phone, so you'll have to wait. 

I know - the anticipation is probably killing you.
;)


Ryan then got some great husby points and took all three kids grocery shopping while I finally decorated for fall. 30 days late. 

But now the house smells of all things yummy and it just seems so cozy around here. Radley produced actual tears when he got back because he wanted to help. Thankfully Ryan always "forgets" about 2 boxes up in the attic so the kiddos got to place a few things here and there, too. 



Then nap time called, I scheduled some blog posts, they slept, Ryan did something fun I'm sure. :)

And then... craft project #2 commenced. 


(Ryan was in charge of pictures which is why there are none except beginning and end)

Isn't he delightful!?! Super fun, super cheap, and super easy! 
Pinterest Win for sure! Ours is slightly different - we just used poster board for the hair, but we love it!
(Plus I'm sure it won't last until Halloween, so now we have extra supplies to make him over again!)


I mean, if this doesn't get us points with the HOA, I don't know what will!



After the door was finished, we ate dinner, played in our "centers" (Radley's room is the art center, Emmy's room is the home center, and the living room is the crazy center) and got ready for bed. 
Please note that these pjs are from last year...Emmy is wearing an 18 month; Landry 6-9 month and Radley a 4T. My children are small. 

And I love it that way.


We said our prayers and I looked up to see this sweet little child giving me one of her famous looks. I had to break protocol and snap this pic. 


Some kind of wonderful indeed.


(Double chins courtesy of Guercio genes)
;)








No comments:

Post a Comment