11.07.2013

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Landry has been showing some interest in the potty lately. And by interest, I mean that she sits on the training potty that we drug down from the attic. Luckily for her, we dusted it off. 

Sometimes we also find her dolls head down in the toilet. 

They must be in time out. 

Emersyn is very much into bossing Landry around playing mommy so a few times we have found Emersyn hovering over Landry at the potty. I casually ask what's going on to which she replies, "my baby needs the potty."

Ok. 

Good luck with that. 

So this weekend when there was too much noise in the house for me to notice anything real happening, I heard Ryan in a conversation with Emmy...

Ryan: Emmy - what are you doing?
Emmy: Landry had to go POTTY!!! (because she yells some of her words)
Ryan: dismissively Ok. 
Emmy: I her Mommy. I told her to go pee right now.
Ryan: Ok. 

Then he goes to pick up Landry to put her diaper back on and noticed something was actually in the potty.

Ryan: Emmy. Did you pee in this potty?
Emmy: NOOO. Landry did. I told her to go pee. 

So then the "Landry peed in the potty" celebration ensues, high fives are given, pictures are taken to document this momentus occasion and you couldn't tell who was more proud. Landry for peeing or Emmy for making her. 

So, my three-year-old is now in charge of potty training. 

Parenting win.






No comments:

Post a Comment