12.14.2013

A little bit of nothing...

I am a list maker. (Aren't we all?) And sadly I feel like I need to "do" something every day. Some task or item to check off. Sometimes I lay down in bed and think about how little I "did" that day - but those are the days that I feel the most accomplished.


The little bit of nothing that mostly fills our nights really equates to a whole lot of something special.


Watching your children grow up and really enjoy the fun of the holidays makes time go by much too fast.


Landry is almost at little girl status and it's basically breaking my heart. 


Where did my baby go???


I have learned to keep my expectations in check during the holidays - I shop early, multitask, and keep things much simpler than some may think I would. Without the helping hands of Ryan we maybe skip a bath here and there (judge if you must, but its cold, their skin is dry, and I'm tired), eat cereal and snack plates, and play less with the "big mess" toys and have more dance parties. 




And just when I am about to just have myself a pity party, something always unexpected happens... like I walk in to find my 6-year old cleaning the bathroom because he wants to help.



We all pitch in because we are a team whether that is cleaning up our toys, wrapping presents, or making dinner for a friend in need.



When I think about our days and nights of nothing, I am reminded just how great nothing can be. 



Those are the nights and that we all soak up the comfort of each other...


and the true meaning of the holidays. 



Here's to doing nothing more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment