12.24.2013

Super Saturday...

In the UPS world, this past Saturday was "super" - meaning it was the busiest Saturday of the year. They were running "full routes" instead of their typical Saturday condensed routes - this meant that Daddy was back off to work again. Boo. 

We really hate that he misses out on so much during the season, and since honesty is a favorite policy of mine, I hate that I only get to pee alone about 1 in 10 times for the month of December. We had no real plans other than laundry, house prep & clean, and the like - so I declared it a definite pj day.


By 9am they were all on the couch with popcorn and M&Ms liking the view of our amazing gift from MaMaw!!!! (THANK YOU!) [Side story - Ryan and I "talked" about moving our old TV into our room {meaning he mentioned it} and one day I came home to it hanging on our wall. His plan was to get a new one for our living room - my plan was not to spend money when we didn't need it. I won. So we've been "without a TV" for more than 6 months. The kids, Radley especially, were excited to have one back. And even I enjoyed being able to "work" and watch.]


Radley got invited on a play date with a classmate that lives in our neighborhood, so away he went for a few hours while me and the girls got to work baking some cookies.


They took turns measuring, stirring, and pouring - I only wish I was a better baker for them! :)


The cookies came out nice and golden (and thin) and tasty! Which was perfect because they were being delivered to a very special place...


Fire Station 5!
Just a quick trip to say thanks for all you do!



My plan was to just let them drop off the cookies, but we always get "suckered" into a tour! Radley got to drive the truck...


and the girls took the back seat.



Emmy asked me to set up the church's tag tree in our house and since it's Christmas and I honestly LOVE having lots of trees - I obliged. (We used to have 2 trees, but the old one wore out.) 


We also added some sparkle to the buffet.
(Ignore the Amazon package)


We ended the day with some Ninfas because it is a strict policy that I need to eat out too much during the holidays.


Someone loved the guacamole - the chips? Notsomuch... she just used them as a spoon. 


And we went to bed with full tummys and happy hearts...it was a SUPER Saturday indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment