12.15.2013

Welcome to the family...

Yesterday we had the lovely honor of heading of Houston to watch sweet baby Jake get baptized and officially welcomed into the Catholic church. We all got dressed in our Christmas best and headed out. 

Radley has grown so much that he fits into the dress pants I bought for $5 at Dillards and was sure he would never fit into; Emmy wore a dress she's had since before Landry was born (and size 18 month) and Landry wore a hand me down from me! Including the shoes!


Not sure how we got so lucky, but it never seems as if thank you is enough for these treasures!


Cindy and I were the anchors to the "kid row" - Josh was seated next to Jake as his Godfather :) and Ryan had to work :(. 


But how delightful is this ... I can't take the cuteness!


Radley and Caroline stayed close to Nana asking a million questions. 


And then it was the big moment. I loved how their church took each family one by one to the narthex for the special moment. Welcome, Jake, to a family and brotherhood of Christ followers. We are so glad and honored that you are here and hope that you know how loved you are. 


I maybe teared up when I noticed all the littles so eagerly lined up to watch the big moment. 


Jake slept through the whole thing just so at ease and peace which I know put Kelly and Stu at ease, too. 



One last picture and we were off to celebrate with lunch. 



Thanks for letting the Kings join in on the celebration! 
We promise to love Jake and help him in his walk and journey!




1 comment: