1.06.2014

Do you want to build a snowman...

Some days I pick Radley up and just hang out with him, leaving the girls at school until the 5 o'clock pick up time. But after two weeks at home, I couldn't stand the thought of not grabbing them "early" from school and hanging out all afternoon with all 3 of them.

(Which kind of surprised me. Judge if you like).



We rode home with happy faces and singing off key to every song from the Frozen soundtrack. Again. And again. And again. 

And again.

And I clearly love it - especially the singing loudly part. I sound good with some Disney music to support me. :)



And then we were just us. And at some point when every block was out, every dinosaur on the loose and every princess in distress (including Lady Landry, the bucket head)... I realized what my resolution for this year would be...


Live in the moment. 

Whether that's an afternoon and evening of block building.
Sunday's Mass
A birthday party.
My favorite book.
Bedtime prayers.
Date night.
Dinner.
Listening to the stories from the day.
Fixing a broken toy.
Or a sad heart.
Or a boo that really isn't hurt.
Watching their favorite movie for the 1000th time.
Reading the same line in a book because it makes them laugh.
And even that meeting at work.



I want to be there because somewhere along the way, I got lost. I was always thinking about what to do next... where to go, what to organize, a project to start... the stress of it all, the mentality of "it doesn't happen unless I post it on instagram" (gasp, I said it...out loud), the pleasing, the planning, the 1000 items on all of my lists of to dos. 

It almost broke me in the fall. I was too stressed to enjoy any of it all. 


So this year, I am just going to enjoy it. 

Maybe I'll finally learn how to use my REAL camera. Maybe I'll read more books. Maybe I'll just sit and watch their imagination come to life. 


And I'm sure I will make 1000 mistakes along the way.



And I will still post things on instagram. 




But I will also laugh when they climb into a bucket...


and pause to tickle their tiny toes...



and capture those night time snuggles when Daddy gets home.



And above all else... just cherish these 4 people that make up the most important part of We5Kings.



No comments:

Post a Comment