1.05.2014

InstaKings...

Our holidays have been more merry and bright than we could have hoped for. Full of family, friends and tons of fun! Here are some of the highlights from our last bits of holiday fun from my phone...

The girls ventured out for a little shopping and Landry had her first Freebird. It took her an unusual amount of time to decide whether she likes it or not but once she did - she went to town. She's just like her Daddy when it comes to food. :)


And of course I needed to take a picture of Emmy (at her request).
"I so cute, Mommy!"


Then we enjoyed a visit from Mr. Ryan and KK. Any amount of time spent with them is time well spent! :) I was elated to finally hug her belly and give a proper hello to Baby G! I was also excited to hand down the buckets of pregger clothes I hold onto. Someone needs to wear them and it's not me!


Gigi and Pops said their farewells (for a bit) and this was the kids SCREAMING their goodbyes. I love that they get to spend so much time with their grandparents!


Our mailbox was MERRY indeed this year!!! THANK YOU so much for sharing your families with us! We definitely need a better (bigger) display next year!!!

Now, just EMAIL your cards to Your Merry Mailbox so we can share them with the world!



And then I did my post Christmas "there is no point in organizing this" organization day. And maybe went over board with the bow sorting. But, I felt really accomplished after.


Y'all. You should know something about me. I am horrible at anything having to do with getting "gussied up". As in painting my own nails, doing makeup, or fixing hair. It's a travesty really, being from Texas and all and having a TON of hair to "fix". When I was in the first grade I wanted nothing more than to be either a "solid gold" dancer (!) or a cosmetologist. But, well, I gave Jenni a makeover that included cat eyes to her ears - it was a short lived career. 

BUT.

This....


I KNOW!!! Seriously go get one! This is maybe my favorite gift this year - thanks Momma! And why was I getting all gussied up???

Date night of course! We went to the movies - American Hustle is totally worth the theater price!


And wouldn't you know - we lucked out and got to go out TWICE in a row!! We headed to dinner with our neighbors and their friends that just moved to CS (and also down the street!!!) and well....


Fun was had by all!!!
(And not that it matters, but yes, those are flaming Dr. Peppers and yes, Ryan and I finished first!)
(Practice makes perfect, people!)


The next morning we had to say our farewells to Miss Shanon :( but hopefully we will make a trip up to Dallas to see her soon!


Our baby is a baby hoarder. 


Then our week of staying in our pjs until it's time to get dressed for bed started with a concert by Pincess Emmy and Lady Landry. Not a bad seat in the house.
;)


We rang in the New Year via facetime with our big kid...


and were all smiles the next morning when it was time to go pick him up!
(For those obsessed with babies in scarves - Hobby Lobby).


New Year's Day naptime meant that I was outside, all snuggled up in my snuggie, open book next to this guy that is turning an old set of drawers into a princess wardrobe. 
#stillnotfinished

:)


Before heading out for bowling, everyone had to have their bite of black eyed peas and cabbage. This was how excited they were about the cabbage. Ha!


But they were pretty excited about bowling!!


We had a fun movie viewing party with Karli and Cooper (they stayed this till for about 3.5 minutes).


And that's us in an instant!





No comments:

Post a Comment