2.25.2014

GiGi's Garden


On Sunday the only thing on our to do list was.... hmmm... nothing! We knew we had to make the drive back home at some point, but there was no rush. Which was perfect since the weather was amazing and since Charis dropped by with Grace and Corbin for a visit. My kids are basically obsessed with them which meant that they were all self-entertained for hours. 

With dirt. 


I'm pretty sure my parents either use some type of drugs in their air duct system or have magic dust sprinkled in their yard because they have the house that everyone wants to be at and the kids want nothing more than to play in the dirt. 


All.day.LONG.


At one point I went to make sure everyone was still breathing and didn't need hydration when they informed me that they were working on a special project for GiGi. 

(And then Radley said, "Mom...take an action shot.)
#brainwashed


Everyone was content and happy which is the gift that just keeps on giving.


And I love how we all act around babies these days. Meh...they are fine. Just give them the nilla wafer and poke your head outside every once in a while. 


After about 2 hours, the garden was done...the space where my parents' giant Cottonwood tree used to be was the perfect location.


GiGi was brought outside for the big reveal...


And she may have been more excited than when a certain six-year-old got some golden tickets



(But I am totally over that.)




I think she likes this present best of all.


So glad we got to celebrate you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment